Two types of acupuncture courses are available with our “Instiute of Acupuncture and Natural Medicines”.
- Post Graduate Diploma in Acupuncture (PGDACP)- Not Available for 2013
- "Certificate of training" course at IANM
Post Graduate Diploma in Acupuncture
This is an online course. It has been developed by Dr. Raman Kapur and Dr. Sunita Kapur and is affiliated to Indira Gandhi National Open University . The details of this course has been given below, and can also be seen on IGNOU website:- www.ignouonline.ac.in/acupuncture
(Sample page of online theory content of PGDACP)
Course details of PGDACP
Acupuncture is a traditional method of therapy which is very well recognized world over and well accepted by the people as it does not have any side effects. This method has been found to be useful in all types of diseases, specially the chronic diseases. Moreover the cost of the treatment is less as compared to the other systems of medicine. It shall help graduates of different system of medicine to learn a new modality of therapy and utilize it for patient’s benefit in treating acute and chronic diseases This is the first medical programme, which is offered online.
The Programme is offered in English.
The programme is available to the Medical graduates (Allopathy, Homeopathy, Ayurveda, Unani, Siddha, Yoga and Naturopathy,Dentists, Physiotherapists).
The programme can be completed in a minimum period of 1 year and a maximum period of 3 years.
This programme is of 32 credits. The programme will have six theory and four practical components.
The PG Diploma in Acupuncture programme consists of 10 courses The 32 credit programme comprises 6 theory courses and 4 practical courses. The courses are designed on the basis of learning hours required by an average student. One credit represents 32 hours of learning. The design of the PGDACP programme in terms of credit distribution of the courses is shown below.
|Course Code||Name Of The Course||Nature Of The Course||No. Of Credits|
|Theory Course -1||Basic theories Of Acupuncture||Theory||03|
Theory Course - 2
Theory Course - 3
|Theory Course - 4||Basics Of Acupuncture Treatment||Theory||02|
|Theory Course - 5||Treatment Of Common Diseases with Acupuncture||Theory||04|
|Theory Course - 6||Ear and Scalp Acupuncture||Theory||02|
|Practical Course - 1||Basic Acupunture Practical||Practical||04|
|Practical Course - 2||Acupuncture Point Location||Practical||04|
|Practical Course - 3||Practical Of Basic Acupuncture Treatment||Practical||04|
|Practical Course - 4||Clinical Acupuncture Practical||Practical||04|
Special Features of the Programme
The special features of the programme is its excellent study material developed by the experts in the country and have been prepared not only by the specialists and experienced Acupuncturists ( Dr.Raman Kapur & Dr. Sunita Kapur) but also specialists in computer, communication and media technologies. This is the first medical programme which is being offered online.
This Programme adopts continuous evaluation system through assignments, practical work, web conferencing and term-end examination.
The fees for the Programme including registration fee is - Rs. 20,000
(For course details, visit website :- http://www.ignouonline.ac.in/acupuncture) PG Diploma in Acupuncture programme is now available online. This is an initiative of IANM & IGNOU to develop in-house Learning & Content Management System for imparting online education. It is a complete virtual learning environment covering all the activities from registration to certification. The following features are available in PG Diploma in Acupuncture online programme :
- Walk in Admission - The admission for this programme is open throughout the year. However, the academic session commences from 1st January of each year.
- Registration - Registration forms have been specially designed for online registration with the facility of uploading scanned certificates, other required documents and photograph. After online registration students are requested to submit attested Photostats of certificate for verification. Registration will be confirmed only after verification of the certificates and payment of the required admission fee. Facility for online payment is available through the payment gateway of AXIS Bank.,credit card & demand draft system.
- Integrated Multimedia Courseware - once registered, learners will be given a password to have access to personalized learning space (My Page). This includes self instructional material.
- Online Counseling and Mentoring – web cast based counseling integrated with text based chatting facility is used for counseling purposes.
- Continuous Evaluation - Evaluation will be done by giving theory assignments and practical internal assessment examinations during each of the four contact sessions.
- Contact Sessions – There shall be 4 contact sessions in each academic year. Duration of each contact session will be of 10 days. The contact session will held at all 9 Programme Study Centres . Normally one contact session will be held in each quarter of the year, the dates of which will be finalized by the Programme-in-Charge in consultation with the students.
- E-tutor Based Practical - online instructions and e-tutorials for hands on practice of i) Acupuncture needling methods and ii)Moxibustion will be used for the practical sessions. Multimedia manuals for self learning are provided online.
- Group Based Online Seminar - Blogs, chat rooms and discussion forums and web conferencing facility are used for group based seminars.
- Term End Examination - The theory term end examination would be conducted by IGNOU at the identified Examination Centres. List of which will be displayed online. Practical examination will be conducted at identified Programme Study Centres. The intimation of dates and venue of Practical Examination will be done in due course.
- The Term End Practical Exam will be conducted in Delhi study centre of IANM only once a year
- Last date for registration for the academic year 2012 is 31st December,2011
Certificate of training course at IANM
Type of course- Online "Certificate of training" course- with 4 contact sessions of 10 days each in a
year. It is an intensive training programme extending over 1500 hours ( 1280 hours of online theory, 120 hours of class room theory & 100 hours of classroom practical).
Venue for contact sessions:- Institutte of Acupuncture and Natural Medicines Headquarters N-9, Greater
Kailash, Part-I, New Delhi.
Duration:- 1. One Year
2. For each contact session- 10 days ( 4 times a year)
Timings for contact sessions:- 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. daily
Contents:- Theory and Practical Sessions
Eligibility:- Bachelors of Allopathy, Homeopathy, Ayurveda, Unani, Siddha, Yoga and naturopathy, Physiotherapists and Dentists.
Date of first contact session:- 18th August to 27th August,2015 (Completed)
Date of 2nd Contact Session:- 5th October to 14th October,2015
Date of 3rd Contact Session:- 12th December to 20th December,2015
Date of 4th Contact Session:- 13th Februaryl to 19th Februaryl,2016 ( For outstation students, the contact session dates are from 13th February to 28th February,2016)
After one month of the completion of the 4th contact session, there will be theory & practical exams. Successful students will be awarded a "Certificate of Training".
The theory & Practical exams will be held on 30th April, 2016 from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. for the academic session 2015-2016
Registration for the next academic session 2015-2016 has started. Last date for registration is 31st, August 2015
(sample page of theory content of online certificate of training course)
Details of Online certificate of training course
Registration- can be done online/offline. Registration fee is Rs.20,000/- for Indian Nationals and US$1000 for foreigners & NRI's. For online registration Click Here. For course details visit website:- www.ianmonline.com .
The online course includes 2 parts. The theory part is available online. A password will be given to access the theory content. The practical part is covered under 4 contact sessions held quarterly. Each contact session is for 9-10 days duration.
Students are welcome to bring their patients or family members for free treatment during the practical sessions. However, they should register them before the start of the course.
Examination:- Unit examinations will be held at the end of each contact session. Final examination will be held on the last day of 4th contact session.
Certificate:- After evaluation of the paper, the certificates will be given on the last day.
Students are free to contact their teachers regarding any query for treatment of patients even after the completion of the course.
Doctors who receive the certificate for this course are also eligible for the subsequent seminars organized on special topics by our institute. The student concession will be available for them on the seminar fees.
Membership of “Indian Society of Medical Acupuncture”:- They are also eligible for the membership of Indian Society of Medical Acupuncture with a life membership of Rs. 2500/-. Periodic clinical meetings are held for the members on different topics throughout the year.
The last date of registration for the"Certificate of training course" is :- 31st August,2015.
In order to minimize unauthorized access to a student's account, we have adopted a system of placing a cookie on the student's computer from where the student logs in for the first time after account activation. A cookie is a small file that is kept on the student's computer to identify the student every time he/she logs in the next time. In case a login attempt is made from a different computer than from where the cookie has been set, login will not be allowed.
In this case, the student can send a Reset Cookie request to the IANM course administrator who will then reset the cookie for the student. There is no charge for resetting the cookie for the first time. After that Rs. 1000/- for subsequent resetting the cookie for Indian Nationals and US$100 for foreigners & NRI's.
IANM conducts regular weekend seminars on various topics related to acupuncture. These seminars help to improve the clinical knowledge of doctors who are already practicing acupuncture. The duration of these seminars is usually 2 to 3 days on a weekend. The information is given on the main page of this website at least 2 to 3 months in advance, so that the busy doctors can plan their participation.
The recent seminar conducted by IANM was on French Auricular Acupunture on 23rd & 24th July,2011. Dr. Vidal Pascal from Paris was the teacher. He highlighted on the Ear Acupuncture based on Nogier frequencies. He gave a very remarkable, easy to learn and informative power point presentation for 2 days on Auricular medicine. He also demonstrated the use of various types of modalities available for treatment by ear acupuncture eg. Needles, press needles, seeds, magnets, laser etc.
He demonstrated the treatment of various diseases by ear acupuncture like:- smoking addiction, constipation, painful joints, insomnia etc. The video of the same can be seen on our website:-